Join us in thinking snowy thoughts! The 2023 Tsalteshi Trails Youth Ski Program is right around the corner.
There are some important changes this year:
- We’re adding paid assistant coaches to the program this year. That means every group will have a minimum of two adults (extra volunteers are welcome!) to work with the kids. We’re excited about the opportunity to provide extra instruction, but it does mean we need more coaches. Please consider coaching! Parents are welcome, and you do not have to be an expert skier to be an assistant coach. We’ll provide a training session at the beginning of the season, and helping coach is a great way to improve your own ski skills. Head coaches will plan lessons and take the lead on teaching skills. Assistants will help where needed, keep stragglers from falling behind, fill in if the head coach has to miss a lesson, etc. Please email email@example.com and let us know if you’d like to coach! Head coaches will get a $500 stipend. Assistants will get a $250 stipend.
- Registration fees are increasing. It’s been several years since TTYSP fees were increased. Tsalteshi strives to provide events and programming that are affordable for everybody, but costs of running the program have gone up. From ski wax to hats, insurance to snow grooming costs. And with the added expense of assistant coaches, TTA needs to adjust fees to make the program continue to be sustainable.
- $150 6-12-year-olds registration
- $75 Vole (3-5-year-olds) registration
- $50 ski rental fee (ski rentals available for 6-12-year-old skiers, only. Parents must provide skis for Voles, as well as boots and poles for all skiers)
- The ski rental deposit will remain at $150. You’ll get that back when you return your rented skis in good condition at the end of the program
- Tsalteshi membership rates also haven’t changed — $20 for an individual student membership, $120 for a family up to five. (Please be aware that each membership must have a unique email address — our membership system won’t let a parent use their email for two separate student memberships, for instance.)
- Registration opens at 9 a.m. Nov. 5 on the website. Participants must have an active TTA membership, whether it’s an individual student membership or as part of a family membership. START OR RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP BEFORE NOV. 5! Registration is first come, first served, and it fills quickly every year. Don’t hold up your registration by having to stop and deal with membership. Start or renew a membership here.
- Lessons will be Tuesdays and Thursdays, Jan. 10-Feb. 23, plus four Saturdays — Jan. 21, Jan. 28, Feb, 4 and Feb. 25. Makeup dates (if needed for weather cancellations) will be Feb. 28 and March 2.